Safer Transit Options for Passengers (STOP)
The STOP project aims to reduce the human costs of traffic accidents and bring Georgia closer to Europe.
In order to contribute to these broader goals, the organizations have set out the following objectives:
- Identify, research and report on:
- Potential policy options which harmonize Georgian legislation with EU;
- Existing problems related to intercity mini buses and stakeholder (drivers, passengers, company managers) attitudes towards policy solutions;
- The effect of low-cost interventions aimed at encouraging safer minibus driving.
- Advocate for evidence based policy change.
In order to achieve the above objectives, the organizations have designed a three stage project with two phases of research and one of advocacy. As a result of these activities, described in detail below, we expect traffic accidents to decline and to help bring Georgian transport regulation in legally sufficient approximation with EU legislation as mandated by the Association Agreement.