Media Research in Georgia - Wave 1
Funder: European Commission (EC)
Dates: September 2009 - December 2009
Project objective: Study public views and preferences on the media sources and assess political pluralism of media sources and perceived impartiality of journalists and media managers.
- Baseline desk research to summarize the existing state of research;
- A public opinion survey throughout Georgia. Two-stage complex stratified and cluster sampling.
- Eight targeted focus groups in Tbilisi and Kutaisi;
- In-depth semi-structured interviews with 20 media professionals;
- A mini-survey among 47 media professionals: both journalists and media managers;
- Media monitoring of Georgia's main television channels.
Output: Dataset, Report.