CRRC is a network of non-governmental, non-profit research organizations which collects, analyzes and publishes policy-relevant empirical data on economic, political, and social trends in the South Caucasus. The organizations’ mission is to promote evidence-based debates on policy issues by providing reliable, up-to-date and accessible data and analysis.
Among other activities, CRRC network is responsible for the Caucasus Barometer surveys. These surveys are representative of the population of the South Caucasus countries and collect information about attitudes to a variety of aspects of social transformation. Survey methodology, instruments, and databases are available to all interested researchers at the CRRC websites.
CRRC is currently working on a publication based on the Caucasus Barometer data from 2008 through 2013. The edited volume will consist of a collection of chapters discussing the dynamics of public opinion in respect to the major spheres of social and political life, including, but not limited to:
- Assessment of the economic situation;
- Social capital;
- Attitudes towards democracy / democratization / liberalization;
- Mass Media;
Each chapter is expected to be approximately 5000 words, and authored by an expert in the respective field (e.g., a political scientist). The chapters should be written in English. CRRC is currently looking for prospective authors.
Outputs and deadlines
- First draft of the chapter (min. 2000 words), by July 24, 2015;
- Final version of the chapter, taking into consideration the editors’ comments (min. 5000 words), by September 18, 2015.
- Advanced knowledge of the field the chapter is devoted to (e.g., economics);
- Quantitative data analysis skills;
- Post-graduate degree in the respective field (PhD is preferable);
- Previous publications in peer-reviewed journals.
Please send us the following documents:
- Topic and outline of chapter you would like to develop based on the Caucasus Barometer data;
- Your recent publication;
- Expected honoraria.
Applications should be submitted by email to email@example.com. Please indicate CB publication in the subject line of your email. For more information, please contact Tinatin Zurabishvili at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submission of applications is June 19, 2015 by 18:00 (Tbilisi time).