July 4, 2017 was the final day of CRRC-Georgia's training session on statistical analysis and data visualization for public servants. The four-day training, organized in collaboration with the Academy of the Ministry of Finance, was designed to train public servants to implement basic statistical commands, as well as interpret and visualize data. CRRC-Georgia provides similar training sessions for all interested parties willing to learn about statistical analysis, data interpretation and visualization.
Topics of the training included:
- What is statistics and why do we need it?
- Presenting best practices of statistical analysis
- Measurement scales - examples and exercises
- Standard deviation
- Normal distribution
- Calculating measures of central tendency in Excel
- Organizing data in Excel
- Dynamic table
- What is data visualization and why do we need it?
- Types of diagrams, selecting diagrams based on data
- Practical exercise: developing diagrams
- Selecting colors
- Practical exercise and discussion: developing diagrams